Top Posts & Pages
- Follow The Chimerical Capuchin on WordPress.com
- I joined twitter!
- The connections in autistic brains are idiosyncratic and individualized — Each autistics’ brain is distinct; non-autistics’ brains are remarkably uniform
- The problem with articles on autism risks and how to evaluate studies. Or why circumcision is unlikely to increase rates of autism.
- Stop the hyperbole when it comes to breastfeeding
- Female bonobos observed helping mother give birth.
TagsABA therapy advice anthropology apes autism autism acceptance autism and vaccines autism awareness autism therapy babies baby food breastfeeding early intervention formula military and autism parenting parenting advice popular press primates primatology science science and the media sleep sleep advice sleep training speech studies studies of autism the beauty of autism therapy twins vaccination vaccine awareness vaccines vaccines and autism
Tag Archives: early intervention
Stop telling worried parents that Einstein didn’t talk until 4 and start giving them practical advice.
On parenting message boards, facebook groups, and elsewhere online, I see posts by parents concerned about the development of their children and, at one time, I was making those posts. Even in groups populated by well-educated, well-informed parents, it is … Continue reading