Top Posts & Pages
- Follow The Chimerical Capuchin on WordPress.com
- I joined twitter!
- The connections in autistic brains are idiosyncratic and individualized — Each autistics’ brain is distinct; non-autistics’ brains are remarkably uniform
- The problem with articles on autism risks and how to evaluate studies. Or why circumcision is unlikely to increase rates of autism.
- Stop the hyperbole when it comes to breastfeeding
- Female bonobos observed helping mother give birth.
- ABA therapy
- autism acceptance
- autism and vaccines
- autism awareness
- autism therapy
- baby food
- early intervention
- military and autism
- parenting advice
- popular press
- science and the media
- sleep advice
- sleep training
- studies of autism
- the beauty of autism
- vaccine awareness
- vaccines and autism
Tag Archives: therapy
Stop telling worried parents that Einstein didn’t talk until 4 and start giving them practical advice.
On parenting message boards, facebook groups, and elsewhere online, I see posts by parents concerned about the development of their children and, at one time, I was making those posts. Even in groups populated by well-educated, well-informed parents, it is … Continue reading
Setting up the play area This is the second of a two part series on encouraging verbal communication and interaction in young or speech-delayed individuals through play. This section covers how to set up the play area to promote enriching … Continue reading
This is the first of a two part series on encouraging verbal communication in young or speech-delayed individuals through play. This section covers how to encourage verbal communication in general. The other one can be found here. One of the … Continue reading
How Blue Cross Blue Shield and a handful of Senators are blocking autism insurance reform in North Carolina.
Autism Spectrum Disorder is more common than childhood cancer, cystic fibrosis, and multiple sclerosis combined. In the US, autism affects 1 out of every 68 children, while in North Carolina, that number is 1 in 58. Although it has no … Continue reading